Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trust: We Make it Harder Than it is


Well, when I was younger I would hear about teenagers trying to figure out who they are, find where they belong, or realize who they want to become. This always left my with the big question; What does that mean!?!

When I was five, I wanted to be a teacher so I could put the sunshine on the weather chart, and I would be a famous artist on the side. I had no reasonable definition for what money was, or college, or church for that matter. I just thought you had money all the time, college was free if you made all A's, and everyone went to church! Opportunities were limitless. I wasn't worried about a husband. I believed that once you turned twenty *poof* your husband appears right in front of you! I had no worries about the future, and although I didn't truly know God, I still knew that no matter what...he would always take care of me. It seems that somehow, I've grown up, and I'm not so sure where my trust has gone.

Here I am 13 years later, and I've experienced my own storms, and I've witnessed the heartaches of others. Amazingly, every time God has pulled me through. Yet, sometimes I still try to stand on my own, turning to face the Lord only when I'm too afraid to look in the other direction. This is where I'm at now. Everything is coming at me so fast! I'm about to graduate highschool, college isn't far away, and the outside world is eager to pull at me. Needless to say, I'm terrified. It seems that for so long I have had chance after chance to establish myself as a godly young lady. No matter what others believe, I know my own heart, and I know that I am far from being the woman I want to be. I'm miles from that mark, and at the same time, so many changes in my life are taking place. So, I, Lacey Hemphill am about to face the rest of the world (The one I am in a continual battle with), and I still feel so...breakable. It doesn't help that I'm dependent on God one second, and then the next: 'I can handle it!!'

But, I know that God IS in control...whether I trust him or not. Which, when you think about it, it's SO much nicer to believe it's in his hands instead of my own. Sometimes I forget about how omnipotent the Lord truly is!!

'And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:' - II Corinthians 9. Here, the inspired word of God tells us directly that, YES he does take care of our needs because he is able! We can't fix our complex situations alone, yet we still try to. I'm the worst at this. I use mind over matter in my rocky situations, but in the end, it's God over...everything else!

Just remember...God is able!





No comments:

Post a Comment